Have You Ever Seen A Friend Or Family Member While Searching An Online Dating Site?

I know some people are hesitant to put a picture up on their online dating profile for fear that a friend, family member, or co-worker will see them on there while searching themselves. This is a pretty commonly asked question and to be quite honest it's actually something I've wondered about mysel f. I have not found any friends of family members while searching dating sites despite knowing that I have friends who are on dating sites so I think it's unlikely.

My advice don't be worried about this or embarressed about being on an online dating website. Online dating does not have the stigma associated with it that it did years ago, it's actually very mainstream and a very normal way of meeting people, especially with our hectic lives and for those who are tired of the bar scene.

Also, something else to consider. For someone to find your profile they themselves have to be participating in online dating as well so why be embarressed the know you are on an online dating site when they themselves are on there.

I'll admit, despite not being shy or embarressed about participating in online dating I probably still wouldn't be thrilled to have a coworker tell me hey saw you on Plenty Of Fish, that said it woudn't stop me from being on the site or posting a picture

I often see people wanting to setup a profile and leave a picture off their profile. Just my opinion but I think most others would agree you may as well not even be on there if you don't have a picture. Most people when searching click the filter for "only profiles with pictures" so your profile won't be seen and even if it is people probably won't message you. Let's be honest attraction is an important part of beginning a relationship and you are leaving that part out entirely. In addition to that someone who doesn't have a picture seems to be hiding something, do they have a significant other they dont want stumbling upon their profile?

What are your thoughts? Have you ever seen a friend, co-worker or friend on an onlien dating site or have they ever commented to you they found you on there?

No comments:

Post a Comment