What is the best way to talk to someone you have never met online without it seeming weird?

I am a 17 year old teenage guy and for some reason I can NEVER find a girl in my area that I am attracted to. It is either always some girl I have seen/met online or they live far away. I am not trying to sound self centered or arrogant but girls and guys even tell me I am very attractive all of the time and complement me, so I do get interest from a lot of people, but I just never feel anything back.

Anyways lately there is this girl who caught my eye online on some youtube video who is basically my exact definition of what my perfect girl would be both look and personality wise. I know the video may not be a perfect representation but still.... Anyways, I found out just through links on her video what her twitter, facebook, etc was and she still seemed to act the same way she was in the video, she was a girl who was actually attractive without gallons of makeup on, never once saw or read anything where she swore, etc just things like that are important to me because most teenagers morals have gone downhill.

I know it is a huge long shot since I have never met her but I was curious if anyone had any ideas of how I could try to get in contact her and just see if anything happens. I am kind of tired of having no interest in anyone in my area. I want to be in a relationship, but I don't want to be in one just to be in one. I am a pretty religious person and try to live my life the best way I can, so I view relationships as something serious even if it is just dating. I don't really believe in just dating several people just to have fun, I would like a real relationship. I personally always thought online dating and meeting someone over the internet was pointless, now it seems like my only option besides just traveling somewhere else....
 
Okay, well first off this isn't the typical type of question we answer here at allthingsonlinedating.com however I found your question interesting and wanted to give you an answer and some advice. 

Not to burst your bubble but at 17 the likeliehood of you having a relationship especially a long distance relationship with this woman is probably small. You just aren't old enough, don't have the money most likely, dont have paretns approval to be going cross country to meet some stranger you met online so I would question how far this relationship could go even if she does like you or respond to your advances. I don't see it developing beyond a penpal relationship probably for at least a few years.

I don't mean to get too psychological on you but I think part of the reason you like so much is you don't know her so you can ascribe any attributes you want to her. Also maybe how she is online is an online persona and not her real personality. I think if she were another girl you went to school with or met at the mall you woudln't think she was anything special.

All that said I suppose it can't hurt to drop her a message through youtube and just say hey I like your videos you seem cool and I thought you were cute. Leave it at that and if she wants to strike up a convo cool

Best of luck to you.

1 comment: