How do I tell someone I have recently started dating that I used to cut myself?

Personally I would say this isn't something you would share with someone you just started dating. It's not that you want to hide anything or lie about who you are but when we first start dating we put our best foot forward, in western society its just not a cultural norm to share too much too soon.

I would wait until it starts getting more serious but not too serious. Bring it up then and he either accepts you or it changes his view of you. I do admire your courage to be upfront and know who you are but it's like telling someone you just met all your personal business, its just not something you want to do. Wait until they see the positive things about you before you start letting the deeper things come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment