Should I stay offline after a date?

I met a guy on an online dating site. We went on one date so far and text everyday. We have been talking for about 5 days. Went On the first date 2 days ago. I like this guy and there could be something there. Now my question is should I not go online to the dating site we met on? It shows when you are and were last online. I went on my friends and saw that he was online today. What does that mean and is this bad? Sorry it's so long, any help is greatly appreciated.

I also find this kind of an awkward and tricky aspect of online dating. On one hand after one date your not off the market, you aren't exclusive and you are not in a committed relationship so there's no reason to take down your profile or not go on the site.

At the same time however it does kind of sting when you have a great date and then see the person you went on the date with was on the online dating site an hour after they got home from your date. I also feel awkward on the flip side going on the dating site after I have a great date with someone. I feel like I'm doing something wrong even though I am not. I kind of dislike how dating sites show your last login for this very reason. On some sites like OKCupid you can hide your login but then you lose the abilitiy to see other daters last login as well.

For this reason I think communication is very important. Communicate your wants and needs and expectations for a relationship and don't assume your exclusive until you have the talk and agree to be. Also just a nice message I wish all would follow, treat others how you would like to be treated and remember people have feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment